JOB TITLE: Train Conductor
REPORTS TO: Programming Manager
Safety Critical Position
• Responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the train.
• Directs the engineer when to start and stop the movement of the train.
• Sells tickets. Collects and accounts for all cash and credit/debit card transactions.
• Responsible for safety of all passengers and visitors on site at station and platform.
• Ensures all passengers are seated before signaling for train movement.
• Explains the rules to passengers before commencement of the trip.
• Cleans the passenger cars before the trip every day and as required during the day.
• Checks and punches all tickets during the trip.
• Must wear the supplied uniform at all times while working with the public.
• Keeps the public areas at the station clean
• Keeps the ticket office clean and orderly.
• Responsible for the safe, orderly loading and unloading of the passengers.
• Must maintain current medical on file.
• Must maintain current CROR rules certification.
• Must be knowledgeable of all Fort Steele Steam railway emergency procedures.
• Assists Fireman and Engineer when connecting and disconnecting rail cars as required including the application and release of hand brakes.
• Throws switches as required for the safe passage of the train over the yard and mainline tracks.
• Guards the rear of the train during backing movements from a safe location either on the train or the ground from which direct communication with the Engineer is possible.
• Must have pleasant attitude and proper presentation when dealing with the public
Conditions of Service:
This is a seasonal position. Hours of work range from 20-40 hours per week. Weekend, holiday and occasional evening work will be required. A cover letter and resume must be submitted by:
mail: Fort Steele Heritage Town, 9851 Hwy 93/95, Fort Steele, BC V0B 1N0
or fax: 250-489-2624
This position is contingent upon the receipt of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and subject to a 3 month probationary period.