Night Audit Clerk
JOB TITLE: Night Audit Clerk
TERM: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Programming Manager
The Night Audit Clerk acts as an ambassador for Fort Steele Heritage Town, receiving and serving our customers in a late 19th century theme, providing informative direction and promoting Fort Steele while maintaining a clean and welcoming environment.
This highly motivated individual excels at interacting with customers, remains calm and professional under pressure, can problem solve, think on the go, and work well with co-workers.
Night Audit Clerks will be responsible for serving guests, closing the hotel after guests have settled for the night, end of night cleaning, and responding to any emergencies or queries from overnight guests.
This position will have a separate room for which to retire for the evening once all duties have been fulfilled.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Dress in period costume, and adhere to dress code and personal hygiene policy
• Offer courteous and sincere hospitality at all times
• Maintains a clean and organized environment
• Serve customers in hotel, bar, dining room, including some food preparation
• Monitor telephone line and answer customer inquiries
• Perform a variety of cash and credit/debit transactions
• Program and maintain cash registers and debit terminals
• Janitorial and housekeeping duties
• Keeps all business confidential both on and off duty
Qualifications, experience and essential skills:
• Must be physically fit and able to safely lift 50 pounds
• This position requires continuous periods of standing, walking, bending, and walking up and down stairs while in period costume
• Be honest and reliable
• Be able to work well independently
• Be flexible with scheduling
• Previous experience and training
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Computer knowledge
• Like to work with children and the public in general
• Experience working with cash, cash registers, and POS
• Enthusiastic and confident with excellent interpersonal and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and creative thinking skills
• Good mathematical skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• Valid Food Safe Certificate
• Valid Serving It Right Certificate
• Valid driver's licence and own transportation
• This post requires a Criminal Records Check
• OFA Level 3 Certification will be considered an asset
Conditions of Service:
This is a permanent full-time position. Hours of work can be 35 to 40 hours per week. Weekend, holiday and night shifts will be required. Preference will be given to applicants with previous customer service experience, acting skills and First Aid Certification. This position is contingent upon the receipt of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and is subject to a 3 month probationary period.