JOB TITLE: Head Cook
REPORTS TO: Administration Manager
START DATE: Immediately
This position is responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of foods for individuals and large groups; the maintenance, ordering, and stocking of the kitchen; scheduling of all kitchen staff; and menu preparation. This experienced individual will be expected to maintain the high quality of food product that we require while ensuring kitchen cleanliness and orderliness is upheld. Working alongside other staff, this position will help coordinate programs and events for our visitors while ensuring staff and public safety. Excellent personal conduct and hygiene is essential while performing all duties. Excellent positive written and verbal communication is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- Schedule, supervise, and train kitchen staff.
- Complete cleaning logs daily and overseeing staff’s duties are completed at the end of and during their shift.
- Oversee kitchen operations.
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
- Set up and oversee buffets.
- Clean kitchen and work area daily and weekly larger cleans, up to and above food safe regulations. Bi-Weekly management checks will be completed to ensure these standards are upheld.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and cost, and monitor and order supplies.
Qualifications, experience and essential skills:
- Completion of secondary school.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks, or completion of college or other program in cooking, or several years of commercial cooking experience.
- Must be physically fit and able to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently.
- Must be a strong leader and work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Valid class 5 driver's licence with own transportation.
- This post requires a Criminal Records Check.
- Must have level 2 Food safe.
Conditions of Service:
Hours of work are up to 40 hours per week. Weekend, holiday and occasional evening work will be required. Overtime &/or banking of hours is only permitted with prior written approval from the Administration Manager.
A cover letter and resume must be submitted by:
mail: Fort Steele Heritage Town, 9851 Hwy 93/95, Fort Steele, BC V0B 1N0
or fax: 250-489-2624
Fort Steele Heritage Town would like to thank all who apply, but only the candidates who are being considered will be contacted.