JOB TITLE: Assistant Cook
REPORTS TO: Administration Manager
This experienced individual will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and cooking of a variety of high quality baked foods for our restaurant and supplying stock for our cafe while ensuring kitchen cleanliness and orderliness is upheld.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Head Cook with the preparation and cooking of all food items.
• Follow proper Food Safe procedures.
• Ensure all recipe measurements are adhered to.
• Follow procedures to ensure little or no food waste.
• Ensure work area is clean and organized at all times.
• Wash and put away dishes.
• Assist other staff when requested by the Head Cook and/or Management.
• Other duties as required
Qualifications, experience and essential skills:
• Completion of secondary school.
• Must be physically fit and able to safely lift 50 pounds.
• Valid Food Safe Certification
• Previous experience in commercial bakery will be considered an asset
• Experience cooking in a commercial kitchen will be considered an asset
• Valid Serving it Right Certification will be considered an asset
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must have the ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently
• Able and willing to work well with others in a team environment
• Must be flexible with scheduling
• Valid class 5 driver's licence with own transportation
• This post requires a Criminal Records Check
Conditions of Service:
This is a seasonal position. Hours of work range from 20-40 hours per week. Weekend, holiday and occasional evening work will be required. A cover letter and resume must be submitted by:
This position is contingent upon the receipt of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and subject to a 3 month probationary period.