JOB TITLE: Administrative/Marketing Support
TERM: Permanent Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Administration Manager
Working directly with the Administrative Manager, this highly motivated and organized individual will assist with the planning, coordinating and marketing of Fort Steele and its programming and special event days, and other office and site duties as needed. Working with staff and community members, this position will act as an ambassador of Fort Steele Heritage Town taking a lead role in meeting our marketing and visitation targets for the year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Upkeep of site signage, notices, pamphlets, brochures, and daily handouts.
• Monitor and actively maintain social media such as FaceBook and Website.
• Maintain consistent branding.
• Produce and distribute marketing materials.
• Design advertisements and ensure their timely run.
• Design, implement, and evaluate yearly marketing plan
• Research and procure sponsorships for programming and events.
• Take new photographs of the site to update current image bank
• Provide and organize private tours for marketing purposes.
• Provide Familiarization (Fam) Tours for outside tourism personnel
• Provide monthly activity report to Management
• Provide technical support in our theatre for events when needed
• Be available during special events
• Assist with greeting busses and other groups
• Provide office support when & where needed
• Assist when & where needed
Qualifications, experience and personal skills:
• Must be physically fit and able to safely lift 50 pounds.
• Previous experience and/or training will be considered an asset.
• Excellent working knowledge with Microsoft Office programs, ie; Word, Excel, Publisher.
• Highly motivated and organized.
• Able to work independently to stay on task.
• Must be flexible with scheduling.
• Like to work with people of all ages and backgrounds and the public in general.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and creative thinking skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Study and learn the historical, political, economic and social information related to life in Western Canada in the 1890's
• Valid driver's license and own transportation.
Conditions of Service:
• This is a full-time position. Hours of work are 35 - 40 hours per week. Weekend, holiday and occasional evening work will be required. This post is contingent upon a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and is subject to a 3 month probationary period.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references by:
Application deadline: 4:00 pm Mountain Standard Time, Feruary 28, 2017
Fort Steele Heritage Town would like to thank all who apply, but only the candidates who are being considered will be contacted.