Fort Steele has many modern conveniences to assure you get the most from your visit.
- Free parking
- Washrooms (wheelchair accessible)
- Baby changing stations
- Visitor information to help you with your stay in our area
- Gift shop
- Food services - Restaurant, Bakery, Ice Cream Parlour, Cafe (see hours of operation)
- Free wireless internet - ask at Visitor Reception for password
- Wheelchairs are available on a first-come-first-served basis (complimentary)
- Bring a water bottle, or, water can be purchased from any of our food service locations. Water dishes for pets are available at several locations.
- Dress for the weather as you will be outdoors for much of your visit. Layered clothing is recommended, as the weather can change quickly.
- Wear sunscreen!
- Bring an umbrella on rainy days.
- Pathways are a mixture of boardwalk, gravel and dirt.
- Benches are provided throughout the site.
- Washroom facilities for wheelchair users are available at the Wasa Hotel.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first come first serve basis (complimentary).
- Pets on a leash are allowed on site.
- A variety of animals live on site.
- Most buildings have raised thresholds and/or steps, and low level, if any, interior lighting.
- As a living history site, loud noises and crowds can happen at unpredictable times, though are most likely on weekends and throughout the summer season.